Tuesday 21 February 2012

Leibster blog award

I have been given a blog award (my first one!) by Splatastic! Thanks so much, I feel quite honoured to have been awarded this award!


"The origins of the Liebster Blog Award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it means favourite or dearest to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers."

And it comes with the following ‘rules’:

1 - thank your liebster blog award presenter on your blog.
2 - link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3 - copy/paste the blog award on your blog.
4 - present the liebster blog award to 5 blogs (with 200 followers or less).
5 - let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment.

I've had a flick through my subscribed list and picked out five lovely ladies to award this to (in no particular order aside from the order my tabs are open in!)

  • Lady Danbury/Thinking In Shapes: I love seeing all her wonderful creations, she has the sort of wardrobe I can only dream of having!
  • Reana at Curves, Patterns, and Pins: A fellow Queenslander who started sewing at about the same time as me (but has advanced much more quickly, and has an impressive collection of self-made, refashioned, and mended clothes).  My favourite bit of her blog is the Check The Technique challenge/list that she's doing at the moment - a list of techniques that she's aiming to learn how to use.  I'd love to sit down and write one of them for myself
  • Meg at Meg The Grand: This fabulous lady's blog is so full of joy, I can't help but smile (and sometimes laugh out loud - especially at the post her boyfriend guest-authored!) whenever I visit her page
  • Lisa at Notes From A Mad Housewife: she makes some super cute clothes for her kids, as well as beautiful creations for herself - my current favourite is her denim and white Colette Macaron, with bright red lining
  • Kat at Petticoats & Peplums: I've only just started following her blog, and I'm loving seeing what she has been up to!  I especially like all the wedding posts that she did a little while ago, but also seeing all the sewing, decorating, and cooking stuff that is happening at her place.  Added bonus: ANOTHER Queenslander - I seem to be collecting Aussies on my blog roll without realising it!

3 comments:

  1. thanks megan, what a sweet blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!!! Thank you so so much for this!!! You are truly fabulous and oh so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete