Sunday 20 November 2011

Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow Sorbetto top

A Sorbetto top made to match the lion printed pyjama pants that my sister made for me.
This pattern came together very quickly, and was a nice easy sew. The only change I made this time was to make it out of a double layer of fabric, so that I can wear it downstairs in the morning without a bra and not have to worry about it being see-through, haha! I also used flat-felled seams on the shoulder seams, and French seams on the sides, so there are no raw edges anywhere on the whole top!

Next time I will definitely make the armholes deeper – they’re just a little too tight, not enough to stop me from wearing this top, but will need fixing next time.





 Any of my readers who like Harry Potter will recognise my reference in the title - in the first book, Ron's brothers convince him that the spell "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow" is a sure-fire way to make his pet rat more interesting.

This top makes me so happy, and I love all my little lions on my pants!  These are my new favourite summer PJs :)

(Apologies for the dodgy lighting - I couldn't decide if the pictures with flash or the ones without were better, so I put in some of both)

4 comments:

  1. Your Sorbetto is a gorgeous color! Definitely love it as part of your lion pajama set :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :) It makes me smile every time I walk past a mirror, so something went right!

    (PS: You have a good name there, there should be more Megs/Megans in the world!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete